Gaithersburg, MD – May 16-17, 2018
The Purpose: Collectively discuss the needs of the future diagnostician – what we have come to refer to as the “Diagnostic Cockpit” (DxCP) of the future. This workshop facilitated dialogue amongst industry, imaging research academia, the broader physician community, and federal government agencies whose missions and expertise bear on medical imaging. This was a continuation of the Academy Scientific Symposium held in September 2017.
Academy/NIST Post-Workshop Materials:
Breakout Session Summaries:
Academy/NIST Pre-Workshop Materials
Advanced Workshop Materials:
General Advanced Materials:
- Critical Need for Standardization in CT Imaging
- RadPath article: Corey W. Arnold, PhD, et al.
- *examining the details of pre-existing work like the UCLA RadPath effort, will be a significant part of an initial concept refinement study
- “Integrating Radiology, Pathology, Would Improve Diagnostics, Aid Patients”
- Radiomics and AI Using CT Data
Breakout A Advanced Materials:
- Define the scope of the product. Concisely define the current and future state of diagnostics.
- None available.
Breakout B Advanced Materials:
- The movement from qualitative to quantitative findings and the need for standardized references
- ENABLE: an Interface to Manage Tumor Measurement Data and PACS to Cancer Databases
- Managing PACS Measurement Data in Cancer Trials – VIDEO
Breakout C Advanced Materials:
- Environmental factors, billing/patient/workflow/ diagnostician perspective.
- None available.
- The Academy Partners with the National Institute for Standards and Technology for a Ground Breaking Workshop
- The Next Big Health Care Merger: Biomedical Imaging and Artificial Intelligence
(L-R) Elizabeth Krupinski, PhD (Emory University), Les Folio, DO, MPH, MSc (Rad), MAS (NIH), Mark Bronkalla, MBA (IBM Watson Health Imaging), Mitchell Schnall, MD, PhD, FACR (University of Pennsylvania), Rich Mather, PhD (Canon Medical Research USA), Jacob (Bram) Stolk, PhD, MBA (GE Healthcare), Eliot Siegel, MD (University of Maryland)