The Academy & National Institutes of Standards and Technology Partner for Workshop
Building the Diagnostic Cockpit of the Future
The Next Big Health Care Merger: Biomedical Imaging and Artificial Intelligence
May 16 – 17, 2018, Gaithersburg, Maryland
Click here for follow up details.
Academy Executive Director Renee L. Cruea gives opening remarks at the Academy/NIST Workshop.
Breakout Session underway at the Academy/NIST Workshop
Dr. Elizabeth Krupinski facilitating Breakout Session D on “Environmental Factors”.
Dr. Mitchell Schnall & Rich Mather, PhD lead Breakout Session A during the Academy/NIST Workshop.
Facilitators at the First Academy/NIST Workshop
May 16-17 2018
(L-R) Elizabeth Krupinski, PhD (Emory University), Les Folio, DO, MPH, MSc (Rad), MAS (NIH), Mark Bronkalla, MBA (IBM Watson Health Imaging),
Mitchell Schnall, MD, PhD, FACR (University of Pennsylvania), Rich Mather, PhD (Canon Medical Research USA),
Jacob (Bram) Stolk, PhD, MBA (GE Healthcare), Eliot Siegel, MD (University of Maryland)
- The Academy Announces 2018 Class of Distinguished Investigators
- The Next Big Health Care Merger: Biomedical Imaging and Artificial Intelligence
- Advancing the ‘Diagnostic Cockpit’: Moving Forward to Improve Patient Care
- ACADEMY NEWSLETTER: The Academy Partners with the National Institute for Standards and Technology for a Ground Breaking Workshop
- NIBIB Job Opportunity Announcement, Supervisory Health Scientist Administrator: DEADLINE June 7th, 2018
- Trump Administration Submits Rescission Package to Congress
- Medical Imaging Community Supports NIH through Coalition Support
- Academy Submits Written Testimony to the House LHHS Sub-committee in Support of NIH
- Introducing the Academy 2018 Council of Early Career Investigators in Imaging & Their Research
- 2018 Distinguished Investigator Nominations Now Open! Deadline for Submission is March 26, 2018.
- The Academy White Paper Stemming from Scientific Symposium Released
- The Academy Announces Travel Award Recipients for the 2018 Medical Imaging Technology Showcase
- Academy Statement Calling on Congress to Reject the President’s Proposed FY 2019 Budget
- Interagency Working Group on Medical Imaging (IWGMI) Publishes Final Report
- First Industry Member Appointed to Academy Board
- Academy and Its Members Sign-on to Ad Hoc Group Research Letter
- Academy to Hold Congressional Briefing November 14th
- New! Academy Mentoring Program
- Academy Scientific Symposium Concludes; Next Steps & Agenda
- Academy Applauds Senate Appropriations Committee for Approving FY2018 Spending Bill
- Academy Announces 2017 Gold Medal Award Recipient
- Academy Statement on Draft House Labor-HHS Appropriations Bill
- Thank You letter to Rep. Dent for support of bipartisan agreement to stop sequestration & to raise spending caps for FY18
- Academy Signs on to Letter from Science Community to Pres. Trump to Fill Key OSTP Positions
- Academy Statement on President’s Proposed FY18 Budget
- Academy Signs on to Ad Hoc for Medical Research Letter for NIH Budget Support
- Academy’s Response to Budget Agreement
- Bipartisan Agreement Reached on FY17 Omnibus Budget; Includes $2B for NIH
The Academy would like to thank all participants who contributed to the enormous success of the 9th Medical Imaging Technology Showcase!
Watch the NIBIB Video on 7 New Technologies Funded by the NIH
View our Showcase Collaborators
Dr. Jill Heemskerk, NIBIB; Rep. Anna Eshoo; Martha Nolan, Academy
Rep. Anna Eshoo (D-CA)
Jhanna Moore, MD, (Mt. Sinai); Matthew David Alexander, MD (University of Utah); Guillermo Sander (Konica Minolta)
Renee L. Cruea, MPA, Academy Executive Director
Paul D. Tonko, US Rep. (D-NY) with Martha Nolan (Academy)
Academy staffers Casey Cappelletti & Emily Townley enjoying post-Showcase celebration with our wonderful collaborators.
Brain Aneurysm Foundation – Christine Buckley, Deborah Coulter
Bo Zhu, PhD (Martinos Center) with David MacCutcheon (Terarecon)
The Academy is an advocacy organization committed to advancing research in medical imaging to promote the health and well-being of patients. By engaging a community of developing and experienced imaging scientists, novel technology experts, patients and their advocates, we promote shared learning and communication on both current research and future initiatives. We also inform the public and policy makers about how imaging and image-guided therapies translate into disease prevention, earlier and more accurate diagnoses, and improved quality of health care.
Hedvig Hricak, MD, PhD, President
The Academy for Radiology & Biomedical Imaging Research
“It is an honor to represent the Academy as its President, particularly at a time when the intersection of intelligent technology and human ingenuity are creating an unprecedented array of opportunities to advance medical imaging for the benefit of patient care. The Academy, in its unique role as the only organization that brings together representatives from the medical imaging community, industry and agencies from across the federal government, strives to facilitate collaboration and advocacy efforts to garner federal funding for critically important biomedical imaging research. The voice of the Academy is more vital now than ever before.”
View Department Rankings of NIH Grants and Awards to Principal Investigators with Primary Appointments in Departments of Diagnostic Radiology: